Friday, April 04, 2008

Wow, it's been almost a year

Since I've posted anything on this blog. Too weird.

The past year has, obviously, brought about a number of changes. Since my last post, I started working at a beach bar (waitressing and bartending), I got into a rather serious relationship with someone twenty years older than me, just got out of it, and oh yeah, I think I'm actually divorced now.

I think I've finally reached some level of sanity/stability in life. I spent a LOT of last year trying to find happiness through sexual satisfaction. I can't even consider how many random partners I had last year. I refuse to consider it.

I did, at the end of last year, have the complete tune-up; I had all the tests run, and I got an "A". No STD's HIV whatever THANK GOD. It could have been potentially verrry bad. I can only thank the luck of the Irish. I had nothing personally to do with it. Since that time, I haven't had any new partners; and at the time I was seeing someone monogamously.

Now I'm back in the dating scene, I guess. I have a couple of men that are interested, both are wealthy (thank heavens). That, by the way, is my strategy for surviving the economic downturn; i'm only going to date rich guys who are willing to spend money on me. I don't need their money to survive, but I would like someone to make me comfy when times are tight. Does that make me a bad person? Just practical, I think. I mean, I'm not going to have my looks forever. I came across a photo of my mother at my age; good god, she's not even close these days. I hope to get another ten years worth of mileage out of this face. I guess it's the best I could hope for.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home